New Message on cochindotnet

From: Hari.G
Message 1 in Discussion

Currently we are migrating our .NET1.1 Application to .NET2.0 and we are facing
some strange issue with Usercontrols.<o:p></o:p>
We are using a Usercontrol for Calender with 3 textboxes for Date, Month and
year respectively. ( ID's for these textboxes are
txtDay,txtMonth,txtYear)<o:p></o:p>
We are dynamically loading this user control more than once in one of our .aspx
file using the below code.<o:p></o:p>
WPDTCalendarControl CalEffectiveEndDate =
(WPDTCalendarControl)Page.LoadControl("../Controls/WPDTCalendarControl.ascx");<o:p></o:p>

In our 1.1 Appliocation when we execute the page where we are dynamically
textboxes....like<o:p></o:p>
_ctl10:txtDay, _ctl10:txtMonth, _ctl10:txtYear <o:p></o:p>
When the same usercontrol is loaded for second time in the same page it again
generates 3 different unique ID's.......Like<o:p></o:p>
_ctl13:txtDay, _ctl13:txtMonth, _ctl13:txtYear <o:p></o:p>
Now the Issue is after migrating out code to .NET 2.0 , when the same page is
executed where the user control is dynamically loaded , it is not generating
the UNIQUE Id's for the textboxes.<o:p></o:p>
the ID is always txtDay,txtMonth,txtYear.<o:p></o:p>
_ctl is not getting appended with the ID.<o:p></o:p>
We tried using UNIQUEID,CLIENTID properties of textbox, since the ID is not
Unique when the controls are rendered....all the properties gives me the same
id....i.e txtDay,txtMonth,txtYear<o:p></o:p>
Any help on this would be a great help!!!!!!!!!<o:p></o:p>
Thanks,<o:p></o:p>
Hari<o:p></o:p>

To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail
Settings.
http://groups.msn.com/cochindotnet/_emailsettings.msnw

Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member
Services.
http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help

For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.
http://groups.msn.com/contact

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you
received this message by mistake, please click the "Remove" link below. On the
pre-addressed e-mail message that opens, simply click "Send". Your e-mail
address will be deleted from this group's mailing list.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]