New Message on cochindotnet

From: jacobseb
Message 1 in Discussion

You must have noticed that I kept posting about recursive updates several times
in the last few weeks. This is the last post in the series that demonstrates
bottom-to-top recursion using a CTE. In the earlier posts, we were discussing
different ways to recursively update the count of items under each
category/sub-category etc. This post presents two options using a bottom-to-top
recursive CTE. One option presents how to do this by updating a column of the
table and the other example demonstrates how to handle it in the SELECT query
itself.

You can find the post
here.http://www.sqlserverandxml.com/2008/10/bottom-to-top-recursion.html

Another post that might interests you is:
"How to find differences between two dates in HH:MM:SS format?"
(http://www.sqlserverandxml.com/2008/10/tsql-lab-19-how-to-find-differences.html)

Regards
Jacob Sebastian, SQL Server MVP

To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail
Settings.
http://groups.msn.com/CochinDotNet/_emailsettings.msnw

Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member
Services.
http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help

For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.
http://groups.msn.com/contact

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you
received this message by mistake, please click the "Remove" link below. On the
pre-addressed e-mail message that opens, simply click "Send". Your e-mail
address will be deleted from this group's mailing list.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]