I would like to track the movement of a CAScrollLayer. On a basic level, it's pretty simple. One could add an observer to the bounds key of the scroll layer and receive notifications of when it moves.

However, what I want to do is a bit more complicated. I have another layer who's content is dependent on the current bounds of the presentation layer. I.E., if the scroll layer is animating to a new position, the view needs to be synchronized to the animation.

I tried something like this:
[self.scrollLayer addObserver:self forKeyPath:@"presentationLayer.bounds" options:0 context:@"GSLayerDidScroll"];

But this resulted in no notifications being passed at all.

Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with this issue?

Thanks,
Colin