> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Chris Schmitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote:
I want to add some simple bar graphs and pie charts to my project. Is
 there an apple api for charting or do you need to use a 3rd party
 product?

I've been using Chartdirector:

http://www.advsofteng.com/

Not Cocoa, but easily usable and very powerful.

Cheers,
Dix

Dix, thanks so much for the tip - I had never heard of this package before (the company appears to be located in Hong Kong. I just looked at their web site, and it would appear they have a nice suite of graphs.

What I glean from the web site is as follows:
- for MacOS X, they deliver a universal library and header files
- the library is C++ (I would imagine it would integrate into a cocoa app fairly well)
- single user price is $99 (much more than the DataGraph library that is $29)
- redistribution license is $749. This is the only library I have found that offers redistribution.)

All in all looks very promising.

David