I will put together a sample to demonstrate the behavior and may do both.

Thanks as always for your help.

Todd Ransom
Return Self Software
http://returnself.com

On Mar 3, 2008, at 12:31 PM, Douglas Davidson wrote:

On Mar 3, 2008, at 9:25 AM, Todd Ransom wrote:

I do ensure that paragraph styles are consistent throughout the paragraph. New styles are applied in insertNewlineForTextView: or, if the user changes them manually, they always cover the range of the entire paragraph. What I am seeing is that when the user is typing in the middle of text and I change the style after a newline, sometimes the text indent does not update until the user types a character, at which point the ruler and insertion point update to the correct position. The indent seems to update find if it is larger than the previous indent but not when it is smaller.

That doesn't sound like anything I've seen. It could be a bug; you could file it in Radar and have us look at it, or you could send me a small sample project that exhibits this behavior.

Douglas Davidson