On 3 Mar '08, at 1:08 PM, Dave Hersey wrote:

Is there a way to get NSURLConnection to connect to an SSL server that has an expired certificate?

I don't think so. I can't find any public API having to do with SSL or certificates.

If this can't be handled by NSURLConnection, is there a way to do it with CFNetwork?

The underlying CF classes corresponding to NSURLConnection etc. are private. (They're new in Leopard and their APIs aren't solid enough to expose them to the public yet.)

I believe you could use lower-level networking APIs like CFStream to create your own SSL connection, but that would involve you having to re-implement the HTTP protocol yourself on top of it. Not fun.

—Jens