For the first time a few days ago, I began to use NSPopUpButton and
began to test it in IB3 to experiment around and see what it could do.
Ultimately, I was planning on using -setImage: programattically, but
it seemed odd that I couldn't set its image in IB. Within a few
minutes, I had solved the problem. Firstly I had to make sure I set
the image on the actual NSMenuItem inside the pop up button, not the
button itself. Second, ??????. Thirdly, I found I could only see the
image when I ran the interface in Cocoa Simulator (or built/ran the
whole application). So, rest assured it works, but you just won't see
it in IB3.