On Mar 4, 2008, at 8:28 AM, Stephane Sudre wrote:

On 4 mars 08, at 17:14, Corbin Dunn wrote:

On Mar 4, 2008, at 6:49 AM, Stéphane wrote:

On Mar 4, 2008, at 3:35 PM, Nick Rogers wrote:

Hi,
I have two NSTableView in my app (tableView1 and tableView2).
If I select a row in tableView1 and then if I select a row in tableView2, I want the row in tableView1 to be deselected. For this I'm using [tableView1 deselectAll: nil], but it leads to calling the delegate method again and leads to deselection of the selected row in tableView2 also.
So this way both table view's stands deselected.

Is there a noble way to do it?

I'm not sure it's noble since my blood is red but:

Listing:

- (void)tableViewSelectionDidChange:(NSNotification *)notification
{
        if ([[notification object] isEqual: tableView1] == YES)
        {

                if ([tableView1 numberOfSelectedRows]>0)
                {
                [tableView2 deselectAll:nil];

This will probably have the same problem; it will just stop after doing the callback twice.

Hmm, it works fine on Panther as far as I can tell. Would the notification mechanism have changed regarding this in later OS versions?

I'm sure you will see the notification come through twice (once for each table). It just stops the recursion with the rows > 0 check. It works, but it is not the preferred solution.