I have a shiny new Mac Pro and am chasing some bugs in parallel applications that may have to do with things like cache flushing, memory barriers and OSAtomic<whatever>. I recall from somewhere, I think, that there is an mechanism somewhere, selectively to disable processor cores (or perhaps entire processors, in the case of the Mac Pro). Such a mechanism would be very useful for my tests.

If there is a Cocoa interface to this mechanism, perhaps someone could tell me what it is?

If there is a non-Cocoa interface, perhaps someone could advise me off- line?

I am a little hampered in searching the usual references in that I do not quite know what keywords to use.

Thanks very much ...

--  Jay Reynolds Freeman