To my great surprise I cannot now get the app to launch successfully. It ran fine 15 minutes beforehand...

Regardless of whether I 'Run' or 'Debug' I get the exact same result:

I get all the way through the appDelegate's -awakeFromNib and the pref window opens (as I expect on first launch) but the debugger kicks in with the following:

#0      0x90a594c7 in objc_msgSend
#1      0xbffff7b8 in ??
#2      0x932849d8 in loadNib
#3 0x932843d9 in +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) _loadNibFile:nameTable:withZone:ownerBundle:] #4 0x9328403a in +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) loadNibFile:externalNameTable:withZone:]
#5      0x93283f7c in +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) loadNibNamed:owner:]
#6      0x93283cc3 in NSApplicationMain
#7      0x00405ffc in main at main.m:18

In the Console I see:
....Normal log messages that I generate and expect (including the 'end-of-awake-from-nib' stamp)
Program received signal:  "EXC_BAD_ACCESS".

I have the [NSException raise] as a Global breakpoint but it doesn't fire.

Using the po command I can tell that MainMenu is the nib involved; the prefs window is in a separate nib...

How do I track this down?
Steve