I always assumed that sheets had a child-parent relationship with the window they were attached to. In my little test, calling -parentWindow on the sheet returns nil. The "parent" window does not have any child windows but -attachedSheet does return the sheet.

As for why this matters, I was trying to determine if a window was a sheet. While -isSheet seems to work, if you read the documentation you'll see that it's defined rather oddly; it would probably be more accurately named -wasEverASheet. Thus, I was hoping to instead to get the parent's attached sheet and compare it to the current window. In the end not a big deal. My main concern is that -isSheet seems to leaves the door open for some odd edge cases.

Thanks,

Paul Kim