Chris,

I think you'll need to put some Carbon in your Cocoa to get what you want.

If you need to get that information systemwide (ie. when you're in the background too), you can use Carbon's GetCurrentButtonState() for the mouse and maybe Carbon HotKey APIs for the keypresses. You can register the hot key handlers from your Cocoa app, and there are even some tutorials that come up in Google.

Hotkeys are only going to give you the key presses you register for, though... If you need to get notified when *any* key is pressed system- wide, I don't think you can handle that from within the app itself. I'd expect you'd need to write a helper to notify your app. Someone else may know better.

- d