I have an outline view in which I initiate editing of a particular column
value when a new item is inserted into the outline.
Recently (perhaps with the upgrade to Leopard), I've started seeing the
behavior where the text field abruptly cancels the edit and discards the
changes, for no apparent reason; certainly not in response to any
user-generated event.

It's entirely possible (and even likely) that editing is ending because of
something my code is doing during idle cycles, but I can't see a likely
trigger.

I've got delegates specified for both the outline view and its field editor,
but I'm not seeing any calls to the delegate methods that provide a warning
(or a clue).

I'd like to set a breakpoint on the outline view or the field to see what's
causing the cancellation, but I can't find a good candidate.

Any debugging suggestions?

TIA,
Doug K;