On 10.03.2008, at 19:58, Dan Korn wrote:

I could install the frameworks in the application's own Frameworks folder, but that seems a bit rude, and defeats the purpose of being able to keep all the parts of the plug-in executable in its own bundle.

So, my question is, is there another way to make this work? Ideally, I'd like to just be able to take any third-party Framework and link my plug-in to it, and have it work even if the names or installed locations of things change, and even if I move it out of my plug-in's bundle to a shared location.

How complex is the framework? How about wrapping it in a bundle ans load it via NSBundle?

I've seen PS with an Plug-In and an Plugin folder, with PI's moved in and out, the folder renamed etc..

 The same applies to InDesign and Quark XPress.

Regards,
        Tom_E