Okay, I think I've found the problem, but I'm not sure why it's a problem. I had two NSArrayControllers bound to the same NSManagedContext. I had one text view bound to the selection in the first controller, and another text view bound to the second array controller. I removed one of the array controllers and instead bound both text views to the remaining one. Then, everything worked.

Is it bad to have more than one array controller bound to the same NSManagedContext?

Mike