I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. I'm getting some unusual retainCount values from the following code:

        NSTimer *theTimer;

        theTimer = [NSTimer scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval:1.0
                                                        target:         self
                                                        selector:
@selector(timerCallback)
                                                        userInfo:       nil
                                                        repeats:        YES];

        NSLog(@"A: retain count: %i", [theTimer retainCount]);

[[NSRunLoop currentRunLoop] addTimer: theTimer forMode: NSDefaultRunLoopMode];

        NSLog(@"B: retain count: %i", [theTimer retainCount]);

The output I get is:

        A: retain count: 2
        B: retain count: 2

But that shouldn't be, right? Shouldn't the retainCount of theTimer be 1 after scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval? Then shouldn't it be bumped up to 2 after adding the timer to the Run Loop? It appears that the retain count is starting at 2 which is wrong, and then not being incremented by addtimer which is wrong. In the end the count is still 2, so it is valid, but I'm confused why the counts are doing this.

Thanks,

-Brian