On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 3:07 AM, Ben Lachman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  You can in fact persistently store files without managing them as a
>  really nifty easy to use, well performing, bindings enabled, undo-
>  able object graph.  Its called a filesystem.  But most of us don't
>  think they're so nifty anymore*.

"File" is a superset of "persistent object store".  You can't
meaningfully store an object without storing an object graph (and if
it's one object, it's a trivial graph).  Bindings, etc. are not
specific to Core Data, but of course are wonderfully integrated.

Though the one thing I didn't think of is data modeling, especially
relationships.  That's definitely one thing about Core Data that does
not depend on persistence, and I hereby concede that Core Data is not
entirely about persistence.

--Kyle Sluder