David,
In my application I have several openGLViews running in turn their drawRect
method at 60 FPS. So in the drawRect method of each openGLView I set the
current context to the openGLView context. These openGLViews have nothing to
do with the QCView.

Well, when I call [qcView reanderAtTime...
I get a freeze all the time. I have to reboot my machine.
I guessed that there was a conflict between the openGLView current context
and the qcView context when I called renderAtTime. So I tried to set the
qcView context as current before calling renderAtTime. And this worked.
The bug has gone. I have built a small project to verify that. I can send it
to you. Let me know.

Of course I can't use this solution on Tiger because [qcView openGLContext]
is available on 10.5 or higher. I mentioned that because the compiler, when
building against 10.4 SDK, doesn't advise me, unlikewise it does when I try
to use other APIs reserved for 10.5. I supposed that this was an XCode's
minor bug, so I mentioned it here in order to get some feedback about it. If
other developers confirm that, I will file a bug.
I run XCode 3.0 - Xcode IDE: 921.0 - Xcode Core: 921.0 - ToolSupport: 893.0

Actually I have adopted the solution posted by Sam, here in the list.
I render the qc composition into an openGLView using a timer.
It works well. I still get some garbage when resizing this view, but I hope
to fix it soon with the reshape and update APIs.

Thanks for your support.

Best Regards
--
Lorenzo