On 16.03.2008, at 01:21, Jens Alfke wrote:
On 15 Mar '08, at 3:37 PM, Thomas Bartelmess wrote:

Does somebody know, if there is a way do disable Exposé / Spaces etc.
I'm working on a presentation mode... and I want so disable the keys for Them.

System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts

Scroll through the outline and look for the hot-keys for Exposé and Spaces, and uncheck them. I don't believe there's any way to override these programmatically. Those key events are processed by the window server before even being sent to your app.

You could probably use fsevents or so to watch which files get changed when you change these settings, and if you can make sense of the files (often they're just property lists) you could try writing code that does this as part of your installer or so. That is, as long as you're doing this for some sort of Kiosk system. For a regular app that just has a presentation mode (like Keynote) users probably wouldn't appreciate you messing with their shortcuts.

Also, I think there are APIs to turn on a Kiosk mode, have you tried whether any of these happen to also suppress Expose etc.?

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://www.zathras.de