The answer is in the requirement to have ADC online membership and to download iPhone SDK, which will automatically promote you to iPhone developer too.

  That's not necessarily the case.

Again, I'm not trying to be difficult, but you haven't addressed Apple's "permission". The typical interpretation of their SDK non- disclosure agreements is that you're not even allowed to talk to others under the same non-disclosure agreement unless they're within your organization (ie, a company sharing an ADC membership).*

By conducting or attending the class and discussing the iPhone SDK without special permission from Apple, you'd potentially be breaking a legally-binding contract which carries real consequences (something Apple has demonstrated they'll pursue).

I think this has to be publicly addressed very clearly so that conscientious professionals know they're not walking into legal hot water, or at the very least losing their ADC memberships. It's a fair question ... :-}

--
I.S.

* I admit I'm quoting information I've seen posted all over the place, not something I know for absolute certainty; I'm not a lawyer.