HI,

Long time ago I posted the same problem, but I can't still fix this yet. So I need your help.

Phenomenon:
Outline view draws gray bezeled box as a background of each cell on Leopard.
But the view doesn't draw the box on Tiger.

My environment:
Xcode 3.0
IB 3.0, but the nib file is formatted for the type IB 2.x can use.

My project's deployment target is 10.4, and so is SDK.

What I did were:
1. tried making new nib file (2.x format) and remake all views.
2. tried setting drawBackground of the cell, outline view, and scroller view respectively to ON or OFF by using IB. 3. tried setting various attributes of NSTextFieldCell and NSCell which can be set on or off programmatically.

I place a breakpoint at the topmost position in drawWithFrame:inView: of my subclass of NSTextFieldCell.
In Leopard a gray bezeled box is still drawn at the point. Not in Tiger.

I'd like to prevent it from drawing the gray bezeled box in Leopard.

Would you tell me how to do this? I thought I had no way, in drawWithFrame:inView: cell I made the cell area be filled with white color then draw what I want. But I don't wan to do this if possible.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
Thank you.

Best regards,