On Mar 21, 2008, at 9:44 AM, Sherm Pendley wrote:
On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Ken Thomases <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mar 20, 2008, at 7:37 PM, Kevin Dixon wrote:
> I want to create a custom sheet that displays a bit of text, a
> progress
> bar and an abort button. The Apple docs say use interface builder to
> make
> the UI for the sheet, but what should I add to my NIB, a window,
> panel, or
> custom view?

A window.  :)

That's what I'd use for new work. But, as someone else noted in another recent discussion, an NSPanel works just as well, so I wouldn't bother changing any NIBs that were created with NSPanel.

Notice the argument types for the beginSheet... and related methods.

NSPanel is a subclass of NSWindow, and one can usually pass subclasses of the declared argument type.

And so my answer was correct. :) Creating an NSPanel is creating a window.

-Ken