Luca, I am sorry for being snippy. I automatically assumed you were referring to an NSImage when all you said was image. Many many apologies!!

Glenn has you on the right track :)

Again, good luck and sorry *blush*
Cathy

On Mar 23, 2008, at 3:10 PM, glenn andreas wrote:

On Mar 23, 2008, at 8:54 AM, Cathy Shive wrote:
On Mar 23, 2008, at 2:14 PM, Luca wrote:

Hello. Do you know how can I transform a rectangular image in a trapezium?

Seriously?

You aren't going to be able to distort your bitmap like this with NSImage and there is no ready-made CIFilter to do this distortion that I'm aware of. If I'm wrong about that, then that's the way to go. But, I think you've gotta do your own pixel pushing for this one.

Actually, the CIPerspectiveTransform will do this perfectly (you even just give it the resulting four corner points)

You can't do that will an affine transform though (since perspective is, by definition, non-affine), so you'll need to use CoreImage.

Glenn Andreas                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 <http://www.gandreas.com/> wicked fun!
quadrium | flame : flame fractals & strange attractors : build, mutate, evolve, animate