Dear cocoadev,

I'd like to add user interface elements somewhat similar to searching
in a Finder window (ref the Search: ribbon) or Command-F (Find...) in
Safari 3.x to my own application.  Is there a standard user interface
element I can use to make something like this?  Is this also available
in Interface Builder 3.0?

I've been looking at NSPredicateEditor, which visually resembles what
I'm looking for, but I'm looking for something more generic that I can
populate with my own controls.  Should I be looking at using
NSRuleEditor for this?

Advice on how I should go about adding the above functionality to my
own application is much appreciated.  Thanks.

Christian