Have your tried binding the tree controller's @"selectionIndexPaths" binding to a variable in your model object?

I havent tried it but it seems that you can do this in IB and then get the model to observe the bound instance variable and you cab then see each time the variable changes. Not sure if it will cover all the bases you need though.

You'd get an array if selection index paths and then just see if the count of the array is 1 for single selection or more if you have multiple.

Jonathan Dann