Hello,

I sent this just before the Easter break but didn't receive a reply. I thought I'd try again now that we're all back at work.

I have what, in WebObjects, we used to call a master-slave display. I show a list of specific Products based on the selected Product Model, hereafter referred to as the 'Model'. So when a user picks a certain Model of sunglasses in the master list, she sees all the different size/color/lens combinations (Products) in the slave list. It works nicely.

I use a contentSet binding (programmatically-generated if that makes a difference) to filter the slave list ie. bind it to the to-many relationship from Model to Products. **

In the slave (Product) list, I have a popup that allows the user to change a Product's Model. The popup is usually only used to fix data entry errors - e.g. specifying the wrong Model for a Product.

Here is my problem. I noticed that changing the Model results in two exception:

NSRangeException -- Cannot remove an observer <NSKeyValueObservance 0x30bacf0> for the key path "currentCost" from <Model 0x2a159a0> because it is not registered as an observer.

and

NSInternalInconsistencyException -- Cannot remove an observer <ProductCategorySelectingArrayController 0x10e8650> for the key path "model.currentCost" from <Product 0x1a68130>, most likely because the value for the key "model" has changed without an appropriate KVO notification being sent. Check the KVO-compliance of the Product class.

Googling, I found some other developers who have experienced this but no answers were offered.

Note that the exceptions are complaining about one of the Model's attributes: currentCost. At other times, the exception complains about another attribute: 'active' -- its unclear whether that refers to the Model's 'active' attribute or the Product's 'active' attribute.

Should I be reporting a bug?

Thanks,

Steve

** this likely has little to do with my question, but for the curious: I programmatically bind a contentSet based on the setting of a radio button with two choices: 'All' and "Model". "All" means show all products, "Model" means show just the Products for the selected Model. I only have the problem in "Model" mode.