Core data stores metadata as well as data in the sqlite3 file and follows a very specific naming convention for the regular data tables and columns. You'd probably be better off writing a small migration utility to import the data you need than to try create a sqlite3 database in the right format. Also, if you use this mechanism, when you distribute your app, none of that data will go with it.

Why don't you move out your sqlite3 file and let it create a new one, then go in and look at the tables and structure, and you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about.

HTH
Jeff