I am trying to get a libpq prepared statement to compile (not actually work) in my app. I am having difficulty finding an example of one on the internet somewhere. I don't really understand the documentation ( http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/libpq-exec.html#LIBPQ-EXEC-SELECT-INFO ) to well, but I thought I would try it before asking.

Here is what I have (it is probably nowhere close)

NSString *theUUID = @"test"; //this works
PGconn *conn = PQconnectdb(conninfo); // this works

PQprepare *statement = PQPrepare(theConnection, "stmtname", "SELECT * FROM admin WHERE id = %s", 1, [theUUID]);

I get two errors here
1) 'statement' undeclared (first use in this function)
2) syntax error before ']' token

The documentation says that this will be used with the PQexecPrepared, but I don't understand how.

If you have an example I could look at that would be great.

Thank you,

Justin Giboney

p.s. why is it that Apple has no documentation on having Cocoa work with Databases? Try typing in "mysql" or "postgresql" in the search box of this page http://developer.apple.com/cocoa/ while restricting it to cocoa. Do they not want business to use Cocoa?