Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get to grips with non-standard persistent attributes in Core Data. I've read through the docs I can find (http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/CoreData/Articles/cdNSAttributes.html ) but I'm still having some issues storing an NSRect in an entity. I've set the type to be transformable, and left the value transformer field empty using the model editor.

To actually set and get the NSRect values, I've been using NSValue's valueWithRect: and rectValue methods. However, when CD trys to saving the entities to the store, I get this error:

*** -[NSKeyedArchiver encodeValueOfObjCType:at:]: this archiver cannot encode structs

I've also changed the property defined in the header file for the entity to:
@property(retain) NSValue *extent;

from
@property(retain) id extent;

What am I doing wrong here? The docs seem to suggest for KVO/KVC compliant structs, NSRect, NSPoint, NSSize and NSRange, you don't need to overwrite the getters and setters?

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers
Dan