On 2 Apr '08, at 2:52 PM, Mr. Gecko wrote:

How would I get the name of a table view? I am trying to make all of my tables use one class for the data source so I can make my code more smaller.

Why does your code need to be smaller? How big is it? This sounds like something that would really complicate the code and make it harder to read. The computer's disk space and RAM are less important [within limits!] than your development and coding time.

In any case, I don't recommend trying to put special cases in your code that looks at some identifier of the table. Instead, subclass a base class.

I did that before but I can't do shouldSelectRow with that which I need for filling out fields once a row is selected.

I don't understand...

—Jens