I had an application that built fine on Tiger using Xcode 2.4.1. When I try building on Leopard, I get a duplicate symbol error as follows:

ld: duplicate symbol _evLanguageAsString in
/Users/.../build/.../Debug/LSC Data Preparation.build/Objects-normal/ ppc/DataDescription.o
and
/Users/.../build/.../Debug/LSC Data Preparation.build/Objects-normal/ ppc/Step1_SourceTypeController.o

I have no idea why this is happening, especially since there is no
evLanguageAsString in either DataDescription.h or .m. There is one in the sourcetype controller files, though not prefixed by _.

So how would a copy get in the object file???

FWIW, in Xcode 3, I tried building for Tiger and Leopard and it made no difference.

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to fix this? Thanks.