On Apr 3, 2008, at 9:14 PM, Jack Repenning wrote:

(1) When did NSCondition come to be? Cocoa Fundamentals Guide (as contained in my Leopard Xcode) has a Note: "The NSCondition class was introduced in Mac OS X v10.5. It is not available in earlier versions of the operating system." That would mean I can't use it, since I need to support 10.3.9 (and build on either 10.4 or 10.5). But clicking that word "NSCondition" in that very note leads to the class reference page, which says "Available in Mac OS X v10.0 and later." Eh?

It was present on 10.0, and with 10.5 Apple originally said that it was retroactively available on previous systems. You could just copy and paste the interface into one of your headers.

However, in trying to use it on 10.4, I found a deadlock bug that makes it unusable in the main situation where it would be preferable to NSConditionLock. Apple confirmed the bug and said that they will document NSCondition as requiring 10.5.

--
Michael Tsai                                 <http://c-command.com>