It does work. I have defined a core data entity that conforms to
IKBrowerItem protocol and my IKImageBrowserView is working with
bindings. I think you still need to point the delegate and data source
outlets to an object that implements the datasource methods:

// -------------------------------------------------------------------------
//      numberOfItemsInImageBrowser:view
// -------------------------------------------------------------------------
- (int)numberOfItemsInImageBrowser:(IKImageBrowserView*)view
{
        // The item count to display is the datadsource item count.
    return [[imageBrowserArrayController arrangedObjects] count];
}

// -------------------------------------------------------------------------
//      imageBrowser:view:index:
// -------------------------------------------------------------------------
- (id)imageBrowser:(IKImageBrowserView *) view itemAtIndex:(int) index
{
    return [[imageBrowserArrayController arrangedObjects] objectAtIndex:index];
}

// Implement some optional methods of the image browser  datasource
protocol to allow for removing and reodering items.

// -------------------------------------------------------------------------
//      removeItemsAtIndexes:
//
//      The user wants to delete images, so remove these entries from the
data source.
- (void)imageBrowser:(IKImageBrowserView*)view removeItemsAtIndexes:
(NSIndexSet*)indexes
{
        [imageBrowserArrayController
removeObjectsAtArrangedObjectIndexes:indexes];
}