Does anybody know a tutorial or example on creating custom buttons in Cocoa? I can certainly set an image in IB or programmatically, but how can I determine the actual hitmask? Or even set the mouseOver type of event for something like a rollover ? I know I'm talking about stepping on Apple's HIG, but it is something I'd like to know how to do without delving into CG or CA right now. I've been toying with it a bit today, and I can certainly set the images, but on mouse down, the background changes to the image with a darkened state inside of a white rectangle... surely I'm missing something stupidly obvious...?
Any tips or links are greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
JJ