On 07/apr/08, at 19:43, David Duncan wrote:

for an application targeted for 10.4 I need to access the value of some key properties defined for 10.5 in CGImageProperties.h, like kCGImagePropertyExifAuxDictionary.

Assuming you have your project set properly, standard weak-linking policies should apply. See the Frameworks Programming Guide on Frameworks and Weak Linking at <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPFrameworks/Concepts/WeakLinking.html >

I didn't remember this flag. Anyway since I'm having some undefined symbols I did a small test with 10.5 sdk (xcode 3.0)

#import <Cocoa/Cocoa.h>
#import "ApplicationServices/ApplicationServices.h"

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    CFStringRef dictName[] = {
        kCGImagePropertyExifAuxDictionary,
        kCGImagePropertyDNGDictionary,
    };

    printf("%p", dictName);

    return 0;
}

Ld /tmp/pippo/build/pippo.build/Release/pippo.build/Objects-normal/ i386/pippo normal i386
    cd /tmp/pippo
/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -o /tmp/pippo/build/pippo.build/ Release/pippo.build/Objects-normal/i386/pippo -L/tmp/pippo/build/ Release -F/tmp/pippo/build/Release -filelist /tmp/pippo/build/ pippo.build/Release/pippo.build/Objects-normal/i386/pippo.LinkFileList -arch i386 -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -weak_framework ApplicationServices -weak_framework Cocoa -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/ MacOSX10.5.sdk
Undefined symbols:
  "_kCGImagePropertyDNGDictionary", referenced from:
      _kCGImagePropertyDNGDictionary$non_lazy_ptr in main.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I've tried linking with -framework and -weak_framework with the same results. kCGImagePropertyDNGDictionary and others properties declared in CGImageProperties.h are not defined in the framework.
Is it a bug or am I missing something?

Thank you.

--
Ciao,