On Apr 9, 2008, at 8:28 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Still no luck. When I switch off the background of the scrollview the gray of the window in my test project comes through so it is clear all backgrounds are not being drawn but the selection colour still behaves in exactly the same way and draws in a solid colour.

The selection color and text background are currently drawn without opacity. We are aware of this limitation and hope to remove it in a future version. It is possible that you could alter this behavior yourself by overriding the NSLayoutManager method used for background drawing.

Douglas Davidson