On Apr 9, 2008, at 8:02 PM, Samvel wrote:
It was a general thought. I am programming in Objective-C only for about month and was wondering if there is any faster way to replace image/string/etc. contents instead of reallocating object itself.

Being concerned about performance is a good thing, but like Bill suggested, in the vast majority of cases you should start out with getting hard performance data from our performance tools.

If you're new to our platform (Welcome!) it's likely that you haven't had a chance of using performance tools like Shark or Instruments before. They're both very good, and also relatively easy to learn and use. I strongly suggest that you spend some time on getting to know them.

You can find information both on developer.apple.com, and elsewhere on the web using Google. If you have a chance of attending WWDC, that's obviously also a really good place to learn more about our tools - and everything else related to development on the Mac.

Cheers,

j o a r