On 4/10/08, Michael Vannorsdel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Indeed I can do that.  This brings up another question; since
> frameworks and libs didn't have much 64 bit support in 10.4, is it
> possible for a fat binary to load the 64 bit image on 10.5 and 32 bit
> on 10.4?  Perhaps with some Info.plist settings.  My instinct says no;
> 64 bit image will be used on all 64 bit archs regardless of sys version.

I think the answer is no, but somebody can probably say with greater certainty.

Since you mentioned you were doing math, there is a higher possibility
that the things you need are available in 64-bit Tiger. The Unix layer
is 64-bit ready, and I think the Accerlate framework is also. The
Tiger way of doing 64-bit was to build your computation backend into a
separate executable. Then your 32-bit GUI frontend would launch the
executable and you would exchange information through some kind of
IPC. This is another alternative to getting the 64-bit parts you need
on Tiger.

-Eric