I have a Core Data app (Document based) which holds three different entity types. One of the entity types is used to track details of 'Smart Groups'.

I now have most of the basic application working. However I do have one issue I can't track down.

When a Core Data document is opened initialization adds an entity for the basic 'All' smart group. This object is assigned to an in memory store (rather than to the persistent document) - I have checked and the 'All' item doesn't appear in the saved data.

My problem is that adding this item results in the 'dirty' flag being set - with the result that the user is prompted to save the document even though they have not made any changes.

I've checked the CoreReceipes sample and of course it's doesn't suffer from this problem.

Could some kind reader point me in the right direction to fix this unwanted behaviour.

Thanks in advance, Jonathan