Hi!

How come some menu items are enabled and others disabled while there is a modal session going on?

Does this mean that Apple has implemented validateMenuItem somewhere in the responder chain to check for modalWindow and attachedSheet?
Where in the responder chain would that be?

I have wired up most of my menu items using Cocoa bindings. It would then only seem logical to use bindings to determine if those menu items should be enabled when a modal window or sheet is being displayed. So I bound enabled to NSApp.modalWindow and to window.attachedSheet using a NSIsNil transformer. Is the way to go?

Pierre

---
Pierre Bernard
http://www.bernard-web.com/pierre