Thanks very much Thomas -- it works now :-)

Thaddeus O. Cooper
([EMAIL PROTECTED])

On Apr 13, 2008, at 1:50 PM, thomas goossens wrote:
Hi Thaddeus,

To change the title attributes, use setValue:forKey with the key "IKImageBrowserCellsTitleAttributesKey" and pass a dictionary that contains the text attributes. To get the list of keys for the attribute dictionary see the section "standard attributes" of the following page:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Classes/NSAttributedString_AppKitAdditions/Reference/Reference.html

With attributes you can set the text alignment, line break mode, font, color...

NSMutableParagraphStyle *paragraphStyle = [[[NSMutableParagraphStyle alloc] init] autorelease];
[paragraphStyle setLineBreakMode:NSLineBreakByTruncatingTail];
[paragraphStyle setAlignment:NSCenterTextAlignment];

NSMutableDictionary attributes = [[NSMutableDictionary alloc] initWithCapacity:3];

[attributes setObject:[NSFont fontWithName:@"Lucida Grande" size:12] forKey:NSFontAttributeName]; [attributes setObject:paragraphStyle forKey:NSParagraphStyleAttributeName]; [attributes setObject:[NSColor colorWithDeviceRed:0 green:0 blue:0 alpha:1] forKey:NSForegroundColorAttributeName]; [_imageBrowser setValue:attributes forKey:IKImageBrowserCellsTitleAttributesKey];
[attributes release];

If you just want to change the color and keep other settings unchanged you can do this: (I never tried it but that should work ;)

NSDictionary *oldAttributes = [_imageBrowser valueForKey: IKImageBrowserCellsTitleAttributesKey];
NSMutableDictionary *newAttributres = [oldAttributes mutableCopy];
[attributes setObject:[NSColor colorWithDeviceRed:1 green:0 blue:0 alpha:1] forKey:NSForegroundColorAttributeName]; [_imageBrowser setValue: newAttributres forKey:IKImageBrowserCellsTitleAttributesKey];
[newAttributres release];

-- Thomas.