On 14/04/2008, at 7:17 AM, antikraft clover wrote:
I have several tables that are bound to models. All these models are
related through a single column (sum of all items in column A of Table
1 gives the value of column A of Table 2 and so on). The bindings work
fine. But,when I edit the 'lowest' table's column A, I would like this
change to propogate to the 'higher' tables. Since, I am not
implementing the delegates of any table (all are connected via
bindings), the table reload their view only when I click on any one of
them.

Is there a "best way" of doing this?

It sounds like you are binding the tables directly to the model objects. While you can do this, it's not generally recommended. You will get much better results if you instead bind to one of the special bindings controllers such as NSArrayController, which is the "normal" method of using bindings.

I would highly recommend reading the Hillegass book as it describes how to use bindings correctly.

--
Rob Keniger