You should find this thread of interest:

http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/message/cocoa/2008/1/25/197293

--
m-s

On 13 Apr, 2008, at 15:18, Jonathan Dann wrote:
Hi All,

I'm trying to re-create the iTunes and HUD window scrollbars for my project. I've managed to get a good looking NSScrollerKnob, and NSScrollerKnobSlot using bezier paths and gradients, but now I'm moving on to the arrows and the curved ends of the slot.

To get the knob I've overridden -drawKnob and the slot is done by overriding -drawKnobSlotInRect:highlight:. By the same logic I thought that -drawArrow:highlight: would allow me to start playing with the arrows, but this never gets called. Has anyone any experience with doing this, and changing the width of the whole (vertical) bar itself? Passing arbitrary NSRects to -initWithFrame: doesn't seem to have any effect on the size of the scroll bar.

Thanks for your time,

http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/cocoa-dev/mikey-san %40bungie.org