Hi all,

Our application it setup to forward all mouse moved events to our
content view, regardless if our application is the frontmost one. Now,
we have some areas of the content view that are to be highlighted when
the mouse hovers over them. This works ok (with work, I mean it looks
acceptable) if the area in question is fully visible, e.g. our content
view and the tracking area are not covered by another window. What
does not "work" is when the tracking rect is partially covered - it
looks strange if the mouse pointer is hovering over another window
covering our window, and we start highlight stuff in our window... Get
me?

To see what I mean (and how I want to solve the problem); open up
Safari (i have 3.1 installed). Make sure that you have a couple of
bookmarks in the bookmark bar. Now, make another application the
frontmost application. Move the new application's window so that it
partially covers one of the bookmark items. When hovering over the
(now inactive) Safari window and the partially covered bookmark item,
the item will highlight while the window directly under the mouse
pointer is Safari - otherwise it does _not_ highlight.

How can you tell, inside mouseMoved: or similar, if the window
beloning to the view isn't covered by another window where the mouse
pointer currently is?

Thanks in advance
Mattias