Hi,
I have NSOutlineView display a tree of files and folders in the root "/" filesystem.
I also have checkboxes in the first column.
whenever a item is clicked, say first time, then this item and all its children are also marked internally. so the check/uncheck mechanism also works internally to check/uncheck the files and folders.

when displaying outline view i'm not reloading the root's children.

I run the app, it creates a tree of around 450000 entries in my Macintosh HD. Now when i click to check root item, it takes around 2 mins to reflect and show the check boxes checked. then I uncheck root item. And when I check again it takes around 20 seconds and the time stays at that.

This shows that my internal checking/unchecking mechanism is fast. as the second time the time is considerably less.

Is there a way to make this checking/unchecking faster?
Is there anything that can be done to outline view to achieve this?

Any ideas?

Wishes,
Nick