So I have done more digging to try and understand what is going on with this problem. I added addObserver and removeObserver methods to the array controller and the wine object to see what was being set and removed. It turns out that the array controller is telling the wine object to remove the observer for "favorites" but I can see that it never gets set -- which makes me wonder -- why would the array controller try and remove something it never set...

If anyone has any thoughts I'd be greatful.

Thanks again.

Thaddeus O. Cooper
([EMAIL PROTECTED])