> I have the function wrapped in an autorelease pool and have tried
> explicitly allocating and releasing the NSPipe.

Sre you sure the NSPipes are being dealloc'd? Are you sure you have sent
release/autorelease enough times? NSTask probably retains the NSPipes. Are
you reusing the same NSTask? If not, is the NSTask being dealloc'd, in other
words is it being released enough and is it alloc'd within the scope your
autorelease pool?

--
Scott Ribe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]