I have an NSScrollView to which I add data as the program proceeds. I would like to have it scroll itself automatically, so that the bottom (most recently added) line is always visible, instead of the top. As an example, Xcode's build transcript does what I'm after. I figured this would be called "autoscroll," and searched web, list, and dox for that, but it looks like "autoscroll" specifically refers to what happens while the user is dragging the scroll thumb about -- not what I meant. I can't find any reference to autoscroll-during-add.

I confess what I actually want is a bit more complicated than always positioning at the bottom: if the user has moved the thumb about, then the user's chosen position should win; it's only if the thumb is bottomed at the moment I add the next line that I would "autoscroll." I suspect some further subtleties lurk in the neighborhood of the transition out of "not enough data even to fill one screen full." This seems familiar enough, and subtle enough, that surely it must be hiding in the library somewhere? I don't have to reinvent this wheel, do I? Because I went lookin' for the pieces to do that, and came up dry there as well!

-==-
Jack Repenning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Project Owner