On 20 Apr 08, at 18:55, John Joyce wrote:
Looks like I found a solution... anyone please let me know if my solution stinks. (or any of the rest of this thing!)
In the method
- (void)windowControllerDidLoadNib:(NSWindowController *) aController
I added this:
[textView setString:[[stickitNotes objectAtIndex:0] noteBody]];

A few general notes:

1. You should never have to call setNeedsDisplay: on anything except self (in NSView subclasses). A properly written view will do that on its own when its contents change.

2. There's a lot of duplication in your code. You should probably factor out some common code into a new method (updateCurrentNotes? setNoteIndex?). Alternatively, you may want to take a look at Cocoa Bindings - in particular, NSArrayController - which should be able to do a lot of this work for you.