Thanks for the reply.
No, it doesn't affect my app. I was just asking whether it is a problem.

On 22-Apr-08, at 1:52 AM, David Duncan wrote:

On Apr 21, 2008, at 1:03 PM, Nick Rogers wrote:

when I run my cocoa app, Activity monitor shows it having 2 threads, and thats ok, cause I'm running one POSIX thread with the start of the app and which remains till the app is exited. The problem is when I detach a new NSThread, from which I'm calling "performSelectorOnMainThread:" frequently, the thread count goes to 4. and when this new NSThread finishes, the thread count comes to 3 and not 2. And it stays 3.

Is there something wrong?

Does this cause problems for your application? Mac OS X will spawn threads on behalf of your application to perform certain activities and this is generally beyond your control. This should typically be completely transparent to you.
--
David Duncan
Apple DTS Animation and Printing